The Band Program at Pioneer High School is an offering of the Ann Arbor Public Schools. Research continually demonstrates that music students on average perform at the highest academic levels. Our goal is to ensure that all students are able to participate in the highest quality educational experience. Your tax dollars and additional public funding pay for directors’ salaries, uniforms and a budgeted amount for music and equipment.
The Pioneer Band Association (PBA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose mission is to provide financial and physical support to the directors, students and families of the Pioneer Band Program. Our purpose is to promote and enhance the quality of the total band experience for all. To achieve these goals, the PBA pledges to:
- support the band program with supplemental financial aid and with the donation of volunteer time and talents
- encourage excellence in musicianship
- encourage and nurture the social growth and friendships of both students and parents
- work to foster responsibility, pride, school spirit and good sportsmanship.
PBA is a conduit for funding and facilitating the many activities and opportunities that supplement the classroom activities of this robust program. Your participation through the annual program fee, fundraising, and volunteer activities is necessary to provide our students with the quality program that makes the Pioneer Bands an award winning educational experience.
The following documents are intended to help Pioneer Band families better understand the fees associated with various activities, the fundraising expectations of PBA membership, and payment options.
- Refer to the Pioneer Bands Handbook for additional information.
The following form may be used to request a check or payment from the Pioneer Band Association: